Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 14: Cummings Convenience Store



Cummings Convenience Store, oil, 6x6, Sold
















What an eventful day! Yes, Sundays are special for me anyway and so we began it with Mass, after which my dear friend Mary had her birthday today and we met up at the Algonquin Resort for lunch.
It was also kind of a 'good bye' lunch, too as they are heading for Europe for at least a half a year now and we'll miss them much... especially our Sabrina. After lunch I checked out my painting 'fire and ice' at the Algonquin pool, and it looked rockin' awesome (do I sound full of myself now?? Well, I am just so happy to see it in this beautiful spacious environment!)
I had a good visit with a man who survived a most horrible work accident, and talking to him and seeing him so humbly accepting and positively looking towards his future was deeply moving for me.

Afterwards I had a couple of hours 'free time' which I jumped at the opportunity to paint a subject I had eyed at for a while: Cummings Convenience. I inched myself along the main street into town to find the best painting spot and found it underneath a big tree on the opposite side of the street of the gas bar.
As car where zapping by I enjoyed myself painting, hoping the rain would hold off (and it did! In fact it cleared up later on). After I was done painting I pumped some gas and asked when the renovations would start and the clerk told me tomorrow morning!! What luck, I was able to paint the store with its vintage charm JUST before the reno trucks pull in- I felt like a million bucks! So, here it is, Sundays are special, they are the Lord's Day and I hope it was a blessed day for you as it was for me! Thanks for stopping by!                                                                 Simone
'Fire and Ice' 
on display at the Algonquin Resort, acrylic on metal board, 8ftx8ft, 7800$



Welch ein ereignisreicher Tag es doch war! Ja, Sonntage sind was Besonderes- fuer mich auf jeden Fall- und so begann ich meinen Sonntag mit Sonntagsmesse. Anschliessend traf ich mich mit meiner guten Freundin Mary im neurenovierten Algonquin Resort zum Lunch. Es war heute ihr Geburtstag den wir feierten, aber auch ein Abschied, denn sie fliegen morgen früh wieder nach Europa, mindestens ein halbes Jahr und wir werden sie vermissen... besonders unsere Sabrina. Nach dem Lunch wollte ich natürlich in den Pool reinschauen, wie mein 'Fire and Ice' Bild aussieht, und ich muss gestehen: es sieht super spitze aus (jetzt höre ich mich aber aufgeplustert an! Ich bin super happy das es in dieser schönen Umgebung ausgestellt wird!).
Auch machte ich heute nachmittag einen Krankenbesuch bei einem Mann, der einen hoechst traumatischen Arbeitsunfall überlebte, und mit ihm zu sprechen und ihn so voller Akzeptanz sein Schicksal hinzunehmen und positiv sich auf seine Zukunft zu freuen was zutiefst bewegend fuer mich. 
Dann hatte ich zwei Stunden 'fuer mich', was natürlich heisst: ran an den Speck und Malsach' raus!
So dueste ich zu Cummings Convenience Store, die alte Tankstelle in St. Andrews die ich schon lange malen wollte. Ich lief entlang dem engen Grünstreifen neben der Hauptstrasse und parkte mich unter einem grossen Baum gegenüberliegend der Tanke direkt an der Strasse. Als ich fertig war, oder vielmehr meine Zeit abgelaufen war (kinderfreie Zeit um), tankte ich noch schnell und fragte wann denn die Umbauarbeiten anfangen wuerden. Die Angestellte sagte dass morgen frueh die Renotrucks kommen wuerden- wow! Ich fuehlte mich als haette ich den Jackpot gewonnen! Welch Glueck dass ich heute noch unsere Tankstelle malen konnte, am Sonntag, ich weiss Sonntage sind was besonderes, Tag des Herrn und ich hoffe dein Sonntag war auch so besonders wie er fuer mich war!
Danke fuer's vorbeischauen!                                       Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment