Friday, January 15, 2016

1955 Nomad and 1963 Shasta Airflyte

1955 Nomad and 1963 Shasta Airflyte by Simone Ritter Art, watercolour 2016, 20x13

1955 Nomad and 1963 Shasta Airflyte

orig. watercolour painting, 13x20in approx.
more info and purchase: click here
I had started this painting a few weeks ago, so I am happy to say I did finish it today! What a great combo duo those two make. The owner is very patient as he contacted me in late summer already and now finally I am getting around to paint his babies! In real life his babies are the same colour, which I might adjust tomorrow, a true collector!
He writes to me: (I've) seen your post cross posted in our group and thought you may like these. It's a 1955 Nomad named Norma and a 1963 Shasta Airflyte Named Jean after my Mother. My wife and I travel a lot with it. The sunset is in Cedar Key Florida....
I have to say: Thank you, thank you for sharing your wonderful duo with me and us! It makes me so happy to see people take pride in their ride (hey and it even rhymes). Both of them travel a lot and enjoy camping while 'en route'.
I had a date this afternoon with our youngest, we enjoyed a hamburger and sunday ice cream and he was just beaming with pride and happiness- and as I just tucked him in he gave me the biggest hug... oh, what a great day it was- filled with the simple pleasures! I'm sending you best wishes for a fun and relaxing weekend- and for any travellers: stay safe where ever you are!
Until next time- which for me is tomorrow, ha ha! Thanks for stopping by!                                 Simone
PS: The colours in the painting look a bit more garrish than in real life, so I will try to re-take a photo of the painting tomorrow in daylight which usually helps.

1 comment: