Monday, January 4, 2016

1967 Kit Companion 'Miss Priss'

1967-Kit-Companion_Simone-Ritter-art_2016_watercolour_5x7
1967 Kit Companion 'Miss Priss'
orig. watercolour painting 5x7in approx.
more info and purchase: click here
Kit Companion 'Miss Priss': here we have another sassy camper today. Did we have 'Boss Lady' yesterday, here we have 'Miss Priss'! The Woman power campers are marching on.
It takes me quite a while to paint those little artworks, actually when I started over a year ago, I thought it would be little 'quick sketches' of about 30 minutes for the small size of 5x7in which seemed to me just fair... well, let me tell you I'm at about 3-4 hours for each one by now! By the time they are painted, archived, photographed, blogged, posted on social and so on, half a day is gone like a flash! Artists really love what they are doing, I can tell you this much- and for me painting every day for January is a treat to cut my cold winter shorter (especially seeing your campers in hot summer weather while we here in New Brunswick are freezing at -12Celcius).
What will I paint tomorrow? Hm... I have a couple ones that I'm thinking about already. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow again!            blessings,   Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment