Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

A Happy New Year 2016 I'm wishing you all!

Aristocrat-'Birdie'-Simone-Ritter-Art-2016-watercolour
Aristocrat Vintage Camper
orig. Watercolour Painting 5x7in, matted: 9x12in
more info and purchase: click here

A Happy New Year filled with health and happiness is my wish for you!
Today also starts my new 'Camper-a-Day' Journey for this January.
And here is my first camper model, an Aristocrat make named 'Birdie'. I liked the funky zig-zag outline form and if you want more information about the make, you can hop on over to the Tin Can Tourists website. Painting it was a bit challenging- a white camper on an overcast day with little bright colouring or bright design and hardly any shadows... well, I inched myself forward... slooooowly but suuuurely and in the end I pushed the values as well as the colours to create saturated colours without the brightness of a sunny day. I think I succeeded and am pleased with the finished painting. I'm excited to being able to paint again the sweet, vintage campers- what a great way to start off the new year! Thank you all for journeying with me!
Hundredths of painters globally have signed up to paint daily this January and post their paintings on artist Leslie Saeta's website. My artist friend Mary Green signed up from Spain, I'm excited to see what she will be painting this month! It is wonderful to browse the many different artworks on the website feed. It is an inspiration to get to see the different approaches and techniques.
You will see tomorrow a new camper posted here and on my Facebook page Simone Ritter Art or on my Blogger Blog. Happy New Year 2016 and see you soon again!                                          Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment