Friday, January 29, 2016

Jayco Pink Welcome

Jayco Pink Welcome Simone-Ritter-Art-2016-camper-watercolour

Jayco Pink Welcome

orig. watercolour, 5x7in approx.
more info and purchase: click here
Today we have a 'newer' model camper, a Jayco, which I call Jayco Pink Welcome. A company who started in 1968 and are still producing today. I don't know any details of this camper model, but I liked the cute pink accents and that even a newer camper can be glamped up pretty easily.
Here is some info from the Jayco website:
"Jayco started with a dream. Lloyd, my late husband and I, had a dream that was based on our love of God and family and aimed at owning a business that would provide wholesome recreation for families to enjoy together. In 1968, in a barn on a country road, our dream became a reality."  (Bertha Bontrager-Rhodes, wife of late founder Lloyd)
Blending Old World Amish craftsmanship with innovative technology, Jayco is the nation’s largest family-owned and operated RV manufacturer today, developing a full lineup of recreation vehicles at our company headquarters in rural Middlebury, Ind. And while our product line has grown considerably, every unit we build is still guided by Lloyd’s vision and a humble desire to help make it easier for families to explore together and relax together.
1967-Scotsman-Molly-Mae_Simone-ritter-art_2016_camper_watercolour_5x7
1967 Scotsman
orig. watercolour, 5x7in approx.
more info and purchase: click here
Here I re-visited this painting I blogged about a couple of days ago, a 1967 Scotsman, who was travelling the 48 States in one summer! The perspective of the tow car was off but I couldn't figure out why, so I added a bit more pigment to the lower part and I think it is much better.
Tomorrow is the last day for this January challenge, I wonder what I will paint... I might have an idea, but not sure... the last days are always the hardest for me, pretty tired these last days, especially the daily blogging, picture editing and posting is something I'd like to streamline down the road. It was great to see what works, what didn't so much and what has to be updated and worked on- on the back-end and the front-end of the website and social platforms. I am still learning so much and have to learn so much more.
But first, I will take a few days off to catch up with something very important: my dear loved ones who have been waiting very patiently for me to paint every day.
What some of you might not know, I'm homeschooling, too, so my days are filled with answering math questions, teaching about 'short and long vowel sounds' and checking progress in literature and sciences. Hence, my painting time is mostly evenings and nights. No complaint, no complaint at all, we have to make time for what we love, right and I am so lucky to being able to have such a supportive crew behind me!
Until tomorrow again, nighty night and Happy Weekend!                Simone 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment