Thursday, May 5, 2016

Art Exhibit Opens Today

Inspiration human and man-made Simone-Ritter-Art_2016-Sunbury-Shores
This evening at 5pm, my art exhibit will open at Sunbury Shores Arts Center in St. Andrews.
I call it Inspiration- human and man-made as featured paintings will be my watercolour lighthouse series and figure sketches in charcoal and pastel. All of the figure sketches and most of the watercolours were painted in 2016, I surely had a busy spring painting this year!
I am excited to see them all hung soon, actually, I will help to hang the art exhibit bright and early.  If you read this in time and live close-by, I'd be thrilled if you would stop by for a look, a nibbly and to say hello.
When I received the call for an invitation to have a solo exhibit in the newly renovated Center, and be sole featured artist at the front gallery space, I was floored! What a great honour! As the offered slot was already in early May, it only left me less than 3 months to create a full show. This is pretty insane. Thank goodness I always love a good challenge.
My dear Markus said, he'd back me up with schooling the kids, so I made a studio in one of our inn's guest suites and basically locked myself in (coming out for a quick lunch and a run to the loo).
What some might not know is that my 'studio' really is what used to be a windowless walk in closet behind our bedroom. It is good storage for all my supplies, has a nice big drafting table to fold and package my greeting cards and other products; plus on the opposite side it has a stainless steel work surface with good lighting to paint bigger oils and acylics. But it is not properly insulated and quite small, so not really an inspiring place to hang out for longer in winter and early spring. I have to say I really enjoyed our suite #101 with its big windows and a balcony to stretch and take in fresh air during breaks. Here is a photo I took after a good cleaning session in my studio-letto this winter.
Simone Ritter Studio 2016
IN any case, if you can, please do stop by tonight at 5pm at Sunbury Shores or check out the show until May 19th during opening hours.
Have a wonderful weekend, and see you soon!                             Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment