Wednesday, September 14, 2016

1952 Aljoa 'Daisy'

1952 Aljoa 'Daisy'

orig. watercolor 11x14in approx. (matted to an archival 16x20in mat)

purchase info, please click here

Today's camper draws attention not only because it is cute by itself, but because its owner is a gorgeous lady with a wonderful happy smile! Here is some information the owner has provided:
'I love my vintage camper, a 1952 Aljoa 'Daisy'! She is the namesake & office of the Driving Miz Daisy Vintage Market
held the 2nd Sunday of every month @ Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, CA.
www.drivingmizdaisy.com'
In all seriousness I have to say, I started this painting a few days back and my fear of painting yet another person without a lot of wiggle room and time to scrap and start over, made me a bit apprehensive to dig in and go. Though, it is not perfect, I am reasonably happy with the result: I can see a likeness and the happiness shines through I hope.
In any case, I did enjoy the process of painting it, in its simplistic form, color and shape. Sometimes less is more and especially in watercolor, I like when the unique character of the medium is shown. In this case the soft wash in the sky, the colorful shadows in the dress and the deliberate brushstrokes with dry-brush markings in the shadow under the camper.
My day was filled to the brim with happy moments, which I am so grateful for. Are those days not an embrace for our soul, a memory to look back to when things get rough. This day for me was one of those and I am so thankful for the many blessings that showered down on me today.
With this I will say good bye until tomorrow again and wish you a wonderful day from my home to yours!                                                    Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment