Sunday, September 25, 2016

1958 Oasis 'Life Saver'

1958 Oasis 'Life Saver'

orig. watercolor 11x14 in (matted to 16x20 archival matboard)
more info and purchase: please click here
Today's 1958 Oasis 'Life Saver' is a very special camper. Its decor is elaborate with lots of pattern and I have to confess, that I had to wait for a day with extra time when I selected to paint it. Its owner was very sweet and went the extra mile to send the photo to me- thank you!
I don't know the name of the camper, really, but called it 'Life Saver'. It is not because of the rainbow colors, but because it really proved to be a life saver for the owner.  There are times in our lives when we feel in over our head and walk by faith and not by sight. The story below will explain.

Please read what was shared with me...

'I worked on this (camper) about once a week as a break. My in laws lived with us for three (years). He was 95 and in a wheel chair. And she was 93 and had Alzheimer's. They were married 72 years and we didn't want them separated. He died 1 1/2 ago and she died last month. It was a long journey . But my trailer is what kept me going.'
Wow, what a story! What an incredible sacrifice! I am just painting little campers, but what people share with me about their every-day-heroic-lives blows me away. It is so comforting to know there are still so many caring, loving people out there that put their own needs and wants on the back burner to help others. May my little camper painting today be a small tribute to all you fearlessly loving people out there that make the world a better place! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Simone

1 comment: