Saturday, September 3, 2016

1960's Shasta Compact 'Little Wings'

orig. watercolor painting, 10x13in approx.
purchase info: click here
Ha, lucky me, I painted my own campie and it is my featured camper of the day!
It was a hunter's special (Canadian term for, well, campers that are past their prime and can happily be used to go huntin' in the bush without worry of damaging something precious). Many Canadian Vintage Camper fans are searching online listings on Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) and stop for the 'bargain word' mentioned above. Yes, this is my little hunter's special and I am so glad I found it!
I don't know the exact year, so I say it is a 1968 as this is the year my husband was born- it makes people laugh! I plan on keeping it that way until I find its real vintage somewhere hidden 'underneath' or 'in between'.
Since I got it last June, I have enjoyed many outings in it and met a lot of interesting people over it. I have put some sweat into getting 'Little Wings', my 1960's Shasta Compact back into shape, but still have some items on my to-do list for the coming months. It is a work-in-progress as many things in my life, haha!

This painting I have painted on location, from life. I have mentioned before, I love painting from life, it get's my skills sharpened and I enjoy being outdoors. Too bad I don't burn many calories sitting on my chair painting... oh, well, cannot have everything!

Thank you for stopping by today and your interest in my Camper-a-Day project. I hope it makes you smile.

If you would like to submit your own camper photo, please do so here. Would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment