Tuesday, September 27, 2016

1961 Shasta Camper Aqua Pinup

1961 Shasta Camper Aqua Pinup

orig. watercolor, 11x14in approx. (set in a16x20in archival matboard)

more info and purchase: please click here


Today's feature camper is another Shasta! This 1961 Shasta Camper in Aqua features a darling pinup, too... It is called 'Vintage Love'! Today, I actually wanted to paint a different camper, but the owner went the extra mile and submitted her darling twice to make sure I get it, right early after my asking for submissions- so, how could I not?
Here is what she writes: 'I wanted to enter my sweet refinished 61 Shasta , Vintage Love in your contest !! I created The Glampers of Virginia page and belong to a lot of the other great sites for our fabulous campers.'
There are quite a few more submissions in my email account which I won't be able to squeeze into this month. I am so sorry but hope to being able to paint as I have time. My theme this time was, first come, first painted, just to be fair. Still, I think there was a good selection of shapes and sizes and themes, and it was fun to open my email every day and open the next email to my my day's camper!
This coming month there will be the voting where you can participate to select your fav 13 for next year's calendar! I hope you all will be on board and  help me out! October project, here we come!

Also, there will be a special surprise announcement for all the campers that got painted this September. Something I had not originally thought possible, but stoked to share with you October 1st;-) Stay tuned!

I invite you to share this post with your friends and on your feeds! Thank you- and we'll see you tomorrow again with another Camper of the Day!                             Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment