Monday, September 19, 2016

Red Shasta with Wings

Red Shasta with Wings

orig. watercolor painting 10x13in approx. (matted to 16x20 archival mat)

purchase info: click here

Today's campie is this cute red Shasta with it's iconic wings. The wings are a signature part of it and many collectors buy new or old wings on Ebay for big bucks. If selling your Shasta, it is an extra bonus if yours still has the wings, which makes it very recognizable to everyone.
The attention to detail from manufacturers way back was wonderful. The tiny Shasta Compact models have shorter wings, versus the longest deluxe models have longer wings- to go with the overall look. So, if you buy your wings, get them the right size, haha!
This painting today was a bit of a free-styler, as the submission photo was quite small and so I painted from a 1.5 inch by 2 inch photograph. I thought to myself that this will be a good exercise in putting down what I already know about this particular camper and incorporate all the info I was able to see on the small reference.
As you probably know by now, I love red in the campers and so I surely did enjoy my exercise today!
Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow again with a new camper-a-day! All the best to you!              Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment