Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Blueberry Fields Forever Commission Painting



Blueberry Fields Forever #3

commission, sold

I hope this post finds you all well after a wonderful Christmas celebration and/or some relaxing days! 
Before Christmas I have been contacted by a person who fell in love with my paintings, Blueberry Fields Forever. After some email conversations, he ordered a similar painting to the ones he saw online- as a commission Christmas surprise for his wife. I hope she liked it, he really wanted to get her something personal and from the heart. They live close to the area portrayed in the paintings.
The local wild blueberry fields really do turn a bright red once the fall frosts hit them. This creates a stunning contrast with the dark blue ever-green trees in the distance.

Blueberry Fields Forever #5

orig. watercolour, 6x8in approx.

more info and purchase: click here

As part of the commission, I have painted a total of three paintings! I wanted to make sure he found just the right one for his space. The two others are available now via my webshop.

Blueberry Fields Forever #4

orig. watercolour 6x8in approx., matted to 11x14in

more info and purchase: click here

This one above I painted on hot press paper which yields a more fluid look and the colours are a touch brighter. Different materials yield different results as you can see!
On a private note, we had a great celebration with the kids. On the 25th we had the restaurant open again and our darling daughter helped even serve and be the host for the evening. I myself helped Markus in the kitchen a bit. It has become a tradition and our Europa team is so gracious to come and serve on Christmas Day! Thank you all for making this possible!
Stay in touch with more recent paintings I have created but had no time to post!
If you like, please friend me on FB or Instagram: SimoneRitterArt

No comments:

Post a Comment