Tuesday, September 5, 2017

1953 King Camper 'Queenie'


1953 King Camper 'Queenie'
orig. watercolor 8x10in, matted to fit 11x14in frame, 
more info and purchase: click here

Today's cute camper is a 1953 King Camper named Queenie. It doesn't have any paint color, but left its natural aluminum siding. I painted a King Camper last year and it reflected the desert setting, so it was great to see today's camper which looks so sweet all decked out in bunting and cowboy boots and vintage finds.

I don't have a lot of info on the camper manufacturer, except it was built in the 50's in Los Angeles, CA. The great guys at TinCan Tourists have a great wiki archive, where I find great info on all kinds of different trailers while I am painting. If you are renovating one or looking to get one, check out their website! There are not many around, so if you  know someone with one, or happen to own one, wohoo- lucky, lucky!!

Here I want to share with you what it's proud owner sent to me. 'She is called "Queenie". And I often say: "I wonder if she thinks about me as much as I think about her."

Today will mark the back-to-school for us again. The kids are so excited to see their friends again, pack their lunches and start a new year of adventures and discoveries. I am excited for them and with them. I look forward to some more me-time for uninterrupted painting and maybe even a lunch date with my hubby. Life is good at the Ritter household...

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you will continue the journey with me as I will paint another vintage camper tomorrow! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment