Thursday, September 7, 2017

1972 Sprite 'Daisy'

1972 Sprite 'Daisy'

orig. watercolor, 8x10in approx. (matted size is 11x14in)

purchase info click here


Today's feature camper is this cute yellow and white 1972 Sprite 'Daisy'. Daisy has a little owl sitting by the door. The photo to work from was quite tiny on my screen, so I hope I captured what makes this trailer unique. I might try for a different photo under daylight.
What I see is a stripe textured siding which is not common in this UK brand, actually Euro caravans are usually flat siding. maybe there was a renovataion done, I am not sure, as the windows look original and the shape is certainly a Sprite Shape. If you have more info on this, please leave a message, I'd love to learn! Here is an informative youtube on the history of the Sprite brand.
Really, I had thought I had it all photographed this afternoon but when I checked the camera, there was no photo of it on the chip... so, I took one under artificial light and edited a bit the colors to look more true to the painting.

My Day Today

Fall has started here on Canada's East Coast. I got washed down while on the highway to our nearest city about an hour away, Saint John, New Brunswick. My littlest had his 8th birthday today and as he wanted a very specific LEGO set, I asked if he'd be interested in picking it out himself instead of me going shopping and likely buying the wrong one. Of course, all kids thought that was a great idea and so I picked them up from school and drove directly to the city. We checked out the new toy store, too!
Oh my, this was a feast for the eyes! No cold-lit Toys'r'US with uninviting isles and isles of merchandise, but a cute little store with wonderful lighting, happy music for children and wonderfully creative displays of toys. Sort of like the NY toy store at 'Kevin Home Alone', just a tad smaller, haha.
Anyhow, now I'm home and catching up on to-do's and so am glad this pic is uploaded.
I hope you will stop by again tomorrow to see what tomorrow's painting will be! Thank you for your encouragement!
Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment