Friday, September 1, 2017

Camper a Day 2017 begins today!

Wohoo! Today marks the first day of my 2017 painting a vintage camper trailer or camper van for each day of September. I am always looking forward to it, as it requires discipline to make it happen. The time to paint, to photograph, edit, blog, list on my website, cross post to my social feeds and so on will take a good chunk out of every day this month.
Also, September marks 'back to school' for my gang and with last loose ends to tie and myself finishing up taking a colour mixing and theory course that was this week, I am glad that soon life will settle into its new routine. What nicer way to celebrate this with daily painting!?

As every year, my month-long painting endeavour is not a one-woman-event. Many generous vintage camper enthusiasts that share photos of their little loves with me and give me permission to paint from their photos make my project possible. Thank you, each and everyone from the bottom of my heart!
If you read this and would like to submit a photo that you have taken, please use my submissions form by clicking here or go to my website directly. You might even know a friend who might like to join the fun! Please do invite them as I need... well... 30 campers to being able to paint a camper a day 2017!

Our first camper-a-day model!


1987 Cadet Camper watercolour 8x10in, sold
Today's feature camper is from Canada's East Coast. It is a 1987 Cadet. Now, most vintage North American campers have some kind of horizontally ribbed siding. In Europe most campers have plain, untextured siding, often fiberglass. This Cadet has that, too. This summer I went to my very first vintage camper meet on Prince Edward Island, Canada. I learned that the Cadets were originally built in Poland and some 200+ empty shells got exported to Canada. There they were finished to Canadian standards and sold. (TinCan Tourist Wiki tells me 500 Cadets made it to the US).

European camper trailer caravans often have little tents that can be added for extra space. They look quite cute, sort of like little houses. This one has one of those, too and my heart always jumps a beat when I see one. It does remind me of my youth back in Germany;-). So, what better camper to get my camper-a-day 2017 started than this one here who started its life in Europe- just as me!
If you want to journey along, please subscribe to my newsletter or facebook page or instagram feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment