Saturday, September 16, 2017

Green 1954 Aljoa Sportsman



Green 1954 Aljoa Sportsman

orig. watercolor, 8x10in (matted to fit 11x14in frame)
purchase info here

What a pleasure it was to paint today's campie. This Green1954 Aljoa Sportsman looks so inviting and move-in ready!  I have known it's proud owner for quite some time on Facebook and when I have worked my way up to her submission, I was smitten! I had NO idea her little campie would be such a cute treasure.

This time in my camper-a-day event I have taken the approach of first come-first served. If, for whatever reason I couldn't paint a camper set-up, I have contacted the owner directly and asked for different photos. Also, this time around, I am not opening all the photos immediately. I wait til it is their turn to be painted and so it is a surprise for me what I'll end up painting each day! I loooooove it! Thanks everyone!!!

Today, I like the dark green and honey colored wood this green1954 Aljoa Sportsman features. Nowadays, light color themes prevail and many vintage campers are being painted over to suit a more contemporary style. But this one here has kept it's vintage look. Love it!

Funny, here I'm talking about keeping the original look- I, the one that painted white her own camper's whole interior, haha. But to my defense, it didn't sport any wonderful birch ply.

At the moment I'm dreaming of an Airstream as a backyard studio.... but again, it would have to be shell-only, gutted! It almost breaks my heart to see any 1950's or 60's beauty stripped of it's original interior. So, I will have to wait for one that is already gutted by someone else. This way I don't feel bad having done any damage.

Anyhow, enough of my dreams, I wish you a wonderful day and hope to see you here again, same time, same station, new camper;-) Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment