Monday, September 4, 2017

Orange VW Camper Van

Orange VW Camper Van, watercolor, 8x10in approx. (matted to fit 11x14in frame)

Have I mentioned that I am inviting camper vans to my 'camper a day' this September?
This summer I was fortunate to have been invited to paint during the annual vintage VW meet here in St. Andrews. It is called a 'Gathering of Friends'. This year there were over 25 vintage beauties here.
Westies, Splitties, VWs from Mexico and so on. The people were very welcoming and I hope I can participate in this active-passive way again. Not camping but painting alongside them. It was fun to overhear the guys talking renovation tips and tricks while the ladies seemed to enjoy each other's company. Many hoods were opened and closed and some needed the magic touch to go back the way they were supposed to be.

One of the participating VW cannot drive anymore and so the owners have a specially hired transport bring it down! It is then very, very carefully rolled off the transport trailer and sits there for the event. Really, if you call this love!!! I have painted this one and hope to do another painting in the future. You can see the pic here.  I have made prints to fit frames sizes 8x10 and 11x14.


Anyhow, today's Orange VW Camper Van is owned by a loving family and while painting I saw kids and dogs and chats and socializing. Made me smile! What a great weekend!
If you own a VW and would like to tucker down to my neck of the woods, look for the announcement on kijiji.ca New Brunswick or call the St. Andrews Campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment