Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Orange White 1968 Shasta 1500


Orange White 1968 Shasta 1500orig. watercolor 8x10in (matted to fit 11x14in frame)
purchase info here

Today's Orange White 1968 Shasta 1500 felt like painting a deja-vu. I have the small version of it, haha, so I'm quite familiar with its angles and curves (now doesn't this sound sexy!).

This one here is in a low-light situation, it seems overcast or dusk with little reflective light bouncing around. Makes a challenge to paint a happy sunny scene, so I opted to just forgo that endeavor but embrace what it is. It's owner is a very pretty, happy young woman. She was in the submission photo, too. But out of fear of biting too big a piece off the apple in regards to getting the portrait right, I simplified and not add her in the scene. I can tell you, it was a challenge just by itself!

You gals keep me on my toes all right! My hope is it will make me a better painter.
There are only a few more days left and I'm looking forward to seeing the full 30 paintings all lined up. My favorite part is always the collage poster with every one camper featured. 5 more days to go, oh, wait- 4 more days;-)

Thanks again for stopping by and let's see what's in tomorrow's camper-candy-bag!?

No comments:

Post a Comment