Monday, September 18, 2017

Pink 1959 Aloha

Pink 1959 Aloha orig. watercolor 8x10in (matted to fit 11x14in frame)
purchase info here

Look at today's Pink 1959 Aloha Glamper! Doesn't pink make one smile? This painting is a much simplified version of the sweet photo I received. It had dainty flower garlands wrapped around the awning strings. How to paint those, to convey the right look? 

Well, I opted to leave them out because I wanted the pink color and the striped awning itself to be the focal point. I like the dark contrast of the trees in the background. I pre-wetted the paper and applied the background mixes wet-into-wet. The mingling of the paint makes for soft shapes which I like with the soft pink color.

Here is what info I received along with the photograph: 'Dixie would love to be a fabulous work of art. She is currently out of commission for an indefinite amount of time. It's tough being Vintage. It would be nice tribute.'

So, our little Dixie here is battling old age- just as my Glenette who resides in all single pieces in the back storage of our building. I still have hope that SOME DAY she will be resurrected, I have faith as I cannot see it happen anytime soon. Her frame, stripped bare is rusting slowly but surely parked at the back outside as well.

But let's not finish on a dreary note, so I wish you a great day with a fun surprise or two- even if it's  something little like a smile in a store or the turning colors of a tree nearby. Have a great day, enjoy the little wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment