Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Tulip Series



 Spring Tulips #1
Oil on archival gessoboard panel 
6inx6in (ca.15.3cm x15x3cm)

Every Year I'm itching to buy some tulips to paint. I just love tulips, they tell me that the winter here in Canada is coming to an end soon. And as I look out the window, I see still about 1.5 meters or so of snow and small mountains of ploughed-high snow piles in the parking lots and drive ways. But the sun is getting stronger by the day, I can feel it and the snow is melting away, even at below freezing temperatures.
Now, back to the tulips, my first bunch I bought and set to work as a march break treat. Here's my first...

Painting with kids: my set-up at the Lego table

Jedes Jahr freue ich mich Tulpen zu malen. I liebe Tulpen, sie sind ein Zeichen dass selbst der Winter hier in Kanada bald zu Ende sein wird. Und wenn ich aus dem Fenster schaue, sehe ich doch noch 1.5m Schnee und kleine Berge von geschipptem Schnee nahe Parkplätzen und Einfahrten. Aber die Sonne wird nun täglich kraftvoller, ich kann es fühlen wenn ich draussen bin, und der Schnee schmilzt langsam aber sicher weg, auch bei Minustemperaturen. 
Nun, zurück zu meinen Tulpen, mein erstes Bündel habe ich vor ein paar Tagen gekauft und sogleich zum Malen angefangen. Hier meine erste Tulpe dieses Jahr...




No comments:

Post a Comment