Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas to You!

Merry Christmas from Simone Ritter Art

Merry Christmas to you!  What a busy month it has been, what a busy year-  thank YOU so much for journeying with me!

I have wrapped and packed and shipped and imported and exported calendars, books and paintings. Another successful art open house has come and gone, been able to go to Sunbury Shores Art Opening with some of my works on display, and decorated- and re-decorated our restaurant with my paintings. Yes, what a busy and fun month it has been! I have met many new wonderful new people and gotten a chance to meet up with friends.Thank you for all your encouragement and support this past year!
Now, I am baking cookies with the kids and write Christmas Cards and enjoy our decorated tree. It's time to take a couple days rest- well, not quite... but I'll tell you about this in my next post;-)
In all the busy-ness I was looking for some quiet time and what better time than to sit down and take the paints out? It's like meditation in 'palette form'. I painted my own campie in its holiday finery! After about 70 camper portraits I've taken the time to paint my own. Here it is, my 'Little Wings'. The painting is not for sale though, it's my own Christmas gift to me, ha ha.
Ritter-Family-2015.
While the kids are home and school is out for the year, I like taking them to the local ice rink to do skating. In Germany I think I skated the very first time when I was 15 years old. During a school excursion the bus drove us to Switzerland to an ice arena and it was the highlight to put on skates for the first time. Well, little did I know that I would move to Canada a few years later where every little town has its own ice skating arena... so, my kids go skating on the family season's pass. Mother still is barely able to stay on the skates, but I'm getting better bit by bit. It's cold in our arena, too, so I opted to take my 'guerilla' painting kit with me to paint while the gang had fun on the ice.
sweet-hearts-skating_Simone-Ritter_Art-2015
skating
As I was getting myself set up, looking for subject matter to paint, I see this young couple: a gorgeous young woman apparently just learning to skate and a handsome young lad gently helping her along. Her black pants sported white bum and knees from some falls but her spirit was bright and he was very encouraging. Everyone could see the sparks fly. I couldn't help but paint them holding hands skating slowly by. At the end, I couldn't help but give them the painting as a little memento.
Girls_skating_2015_Simone-Ritter-Art_Watercolour
Girls_skating_2015_Simone-Ritter-Art_Watercolour 5x3.5in approx.

...I wish you a very merry Christmas, happy holidays and a few relaxing days. Thank you for stopping by and stay in touch!    love, Simone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment