Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Purple Tulips

Purple tulips Simone-Ritter-Art_2016_watercolour
Purple Tulips
orig. watercolour 14.5 x 7in approx. unframed 
more info and purchase: click here

People that know me, know that every spring I go crazy over tulips, it's kind of a love affair almost- heralding in the warmer weather. There is a tulip farm on Prince Edward Island called Vanco Farm and I absolutely adore their tulips. They are usually available at the local Superstores and every year I look out for them starting in February... how crazy is that?
With my lighthouses lately I haven't had the time to paint as much tulips as I wished, but when Markus bought for me those purple tulips darlings, I couldn't resist! I have been waiting patiently for them to open up, not pushing them with warm temperatures by the heater, but rather enjoying their gentle dance growing taller, opening up. 
I love how their slender stems keep climbing up towards the light, turning, stretching and nodding as the flower slowly opens up to reveal their precious petals, steamers and inside markings. It symbolizes new birth, new life to me. And just as life, it is not always easy but with the occasional growing pain and dangerously slippery road. In our lives, too, we have to walk out in faith our eyes focused, to embrace what every new day has to offer- whatever it might be. Life isn't for the faint of heart, really, when I think about it; but oh, so rewarding- look at those tulips!
Let's embrace this spring with a big hug, smile or gentle gesture to someone who might need it today! Just as those purple tulips have brought a smile to my heart!
See you soon and thanks for stopping by!                                              Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment