Friday, September 2, 2016

1958 Shasta Airflyte- California Beauty

1958 Shasta Airflyte
orig. watercolor 10x13in approx.
purchase info: click here

About this painting:

Today's sweet featured camper is this 1958 Shasta Airflyte residing in beautiful California (yeah, life is tough). The owner shares the following about their journey together:
"I bought a 1958 Shasta Airflyte back in June 2013 naively thinking that all it needed was a couple of rotted panels replaced and a paint job. Of course once we got deeper into it the trailer there were so many things that needed fixing. It was completely gutted. Long story short, three years later and five unethical handymen later it was finally useable.
Through the blood, sweat, tears and more money I could have imagined...it ended up being a journey of a life lesson. I learned that I was stronger than I thought and capable of acquiring new skills in order to finish the restoration in Oct. 2015.
So I didn't gain just a cute, vintage trailer but a true experience of empowerment which has branched to other accomplishments since then.. And I am grateful for that.
We found between joists a penny from 1957 and that's how I named her."

Interested in following 'Penny's' journey? Here's her Instagram: @1958shasta

If you want to have your camper featured and are interested in submitting your own vintage camper photo, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment