Friday, September 30, 2016

Airstream Camper and 1963 Red Shasta Compact

Airstream Front View at Dusk

orig. watercolor 11x14in (matted to 16x20in, ready for a frame)

more info and purchase: click here


Today marks the last day for my 'Camper-a-Day' Project.

Wow, it has been intense. It was a lot of painting, photographing, editing, blogging, writing, posting, sharing. I am tired now, haha!
But it was so much fun! I met so many new, wonderful people that share the same enthusiasm for their hobby and dreams as I do! Thank you for journeying with me!
As I didn't get to really have a good representation of Airstreams, here is one as my feature camper today. It was a cropped photo taken at dusk, so there was not so much light to play with or color reflecting on the panels but warm glow from the string-lights. I enjoyed painting this one, but I have to say it was a challenge, too!

1963 Red Shasta Compact

orig. watercolor 11x14 in (matted to 16x20 matboard)

more info and purchase: please click here

The second camper today, a 1963 Red Shasta Compact, is of a dear Canadian Lady Camper who also has a vintage shop biz out of her darling campers and home. You can check her FB page out by clicking here: Cellar Relics. She is also a treasure trove for any questions vintage camper related for sourcing or what to look for... I almost had forgotten to paint her campie!!! I really wanted to!
Even though this month is over and we will have to vote now for our favorite camper paintings, I am still looking for a Christmas Camper photo for my 'December' Slot in the calendar! I got so many submissions, but no Christmas Season campie! If you an help me out, or know of someone, please send them to my website to send in a pic! Thank you!
I am still finalizing how to best do the voting, so it might take me til Monday for the voting to be set up, but it will start soon! Keep your eyes on my fb feeds or here on my blog/website!!!
Thank you again for your interest and stopping by to walk with me! I feel so blessed! THank YOU!
Simone


ps: great, big thank you to Leslie Saeta for hosting again this month's painting challenge! It was a lot of fun, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment