Tuesday, December 11, 2018

2019 Vintage Volkswagen Camper Bus Calendar

It has become a tradition by now. Calendars!

I love creating these fun calendars featuring my art.
A few years back, the whole calendar idea started out as the climax of a month long painting-a-day marathon. Vintage camper owners submitted photos for a chance to have their glamper photo painted and featured on my blog and social feeds. I was painting a vintage camper trailer each day, followed by a public voting. The crowd favs that gathered the most votes were featured in my first camper calendar.
People loved the idea and sent in more photos than there were days in the month! And by the end I had created 30 paintings in one month!

Click for more photos on the website


Let's fast forward a few years to 2017. 
Our local VW enthusiasts have been hosting a 'Gathering of Friends' VW meet at the local Kiwanis Oceanfront Campground in St. Andrews, NB, Canada. Jenny and her husband Barry invited me to come down to the campground and paint at my leisure while the group was set up. And I did just that! 
It was so much fun to pitch my easel in the midst of reno-chatter and the sharing of tips and tricks to tackle specific vintage VW issues. I heard phrases of water cooled engines and sealing leaks Kids were running around and the summer weather was perfect. 
I even met some proud Volkswagen owners!
This past summer I went back, just for a few short hours, unfortunately. But over the last year I created enough VW bus paintings to fill this 2019 calendar.
I still have a few available!
So if you are looking for a year-long gift for the VW lover on your list, here's a video. 
You can order through my website www.SimoneRitterArt.com or pick up in person at our restaurant, Europa Inn, downtown St. Andrews.

Thank you for taking time, it surely is a busy time of year for everyone!
Thank you for your continued encouragement and journeying with me. 

I wish each and everyone of you a blessed Advent and a Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment